Saturday, May 31, 2008

Journal Quilt, Knitting



Ta da - the last day in Ireland, and I have done another journal quilt - this one with a bit of an Irish theme. I have used some of Cathi's fabrics, along with some lace and trim from my scrap bag, as well as a picture of the Rock of Cashel and a feather collected by my DS (who is obsessed with feathers) - and some wild cotton grass from our walk up to the Portroe Millennium Cross. The seashells are actually from a previous visit - collected on a beach somewhere, can't remember precisely, but they seemed apt. And also, a photo of my next knitting projecct, which unfortunately, I can't take in my carryon bag on the plane - too likely to hijack the plane with my wooden knitting needles, I guess. It's just another scarf, but this time I have enough yarn to make it a bit longer and also, put some tassles at the end. Sarah is angling for the other scarf, so I might give in and give it to her - it's not as long as I like, ideally, though I am very fond of the yarn.



And here's my little tree piece with the binding finished, in its new home on Cathi's design wall - along with a piece I made last year (with really bad quilting) and a little heart quilt made by Anne - everyone seems to have one of those but me these days - I shall have to see what Anne would like to swap for one, LOL.

Given that I'm still away from home and all that, I'll do a goals list tomorrow instead of today - i know I accomplished my goals for this week - only one, and that was the journal quilt - but without all my lists and so on, I can't be sure exactly what has a deadline coming up...

3 comments:

sewkalico said...

That Cathi is a bad influence LOL turning you into a knitter! Travel safe.

Anonymous said...

What is a journal quilt?

Unknown said...

I'll happily do you a swap for one Kate - I have four either completed or part made which need homes if you'd like one of them