Sunday, May 18, 2008

Spring Mini, JQP26, winner



First thing I did today was to finish up this mini - it still needs to have the binding & sleeve sewn down but it won't take long to do that. I finshed it up by quilting a basic cross-hatch into the basket and then a kind of squiggle into the flowers - to give the impression of stems, if you see what I mean. I didn't want to quilt them too heavily - they need to puff a bit as they are flowers... So, there it is. I like the effect of this so much I think I will make myself a mini quilt from one of the other basket blocks - but not this week...



I also took the opportunity to do my journal quilt (number 26 - which means I am halfway through the year!), which I didn't get done yesterday - it's not quite finished, as it needs a back and to have the edge satin stitched, but it's essentially done. I don't think I need to explain the inspiration for this one, do I.

And finally, rather than post again, I'll announce the winner of the Stitch magazine here. And, drumroll please... Courtesy of DD2, Olivia, the winner is no 5 - Corina! Corina, if you email me with your address, I'll put it in the post to you.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Love the mini quilts. The quilting is interesting. I must try a mini one of these days.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kate, I really appreciate your gift!

Di said...

I love the mini quilt and the basket weave quilting is very interesting. It's very effective.

artisbliss said...

These turned out very well. I like the cross-hatch quilting on the journal quilt.