Friday, May 16, 2008

Miniature Booty Swap - revealed!



Well, now that Toni has received her quilt safely in the post - I can show more than a tease. Ta da! I went truly miniature on this for some reason - had no intention of doing so, it just wanted to be little. The entire quilt is 10x20" so it's not absolutely teeny tiny, but frankly, I wouldn't want to work much smaller. I have a whole new respect for people who do miniature quilts (not that I didn't respect them before, but you know what I mean...) I really am pleased with how this came out, though I think if I did it again (not likely!) I might use a solid colour for the binding.

10 comments:

Paula said...

Wow! That's teeny tiny in my book too! Very cute and you did a great job on it.

Ann J said...

That's just lovely, Kate!! I bet Toni is very pleased - I would be !!

sophie said...

That's a booty-full little quilt you made, Kate. I'm sure Toni will treasure it.

artisbliss said...

This is wonderful, Kate. I'll bet Toni loves it.

Shelina said...

It is beautiful! I remember when I first started quilting, and thought I would make something miniature because it would be easier. I learned quickly that was not the case!

sewkalico said...

I saw it on Toni's blog - it's lovely. Like that it's not square and just love that varigated thread quilting on the black!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

AmyB said...

This is yummy, Kate!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! It is beautiful! I love it ;)

Anonymous said...

Lots of goodies since I last checked in Kate. The miniture quilt is excellent, it reminds me of the snails trails quilt I did for the bingo prize in our group. After doing that one I swore I'd never do something so small again.