Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Lots of different stuff

Well, I finished quilting my Miniature Booty Swap Quilt - I can't show it here, because my partner is lurking out there, but I have put a little sneak peek up - ignore the gold flecked fabric, that's just masking the bits I don't want you to see. And that's all the tease you get - the quilt will go in the post later this week - I haven't finished attaching the binding yet, but as the quilt is really small it won't take long.
And here's the Spring Fling Round Robin with the vines sewn down and the pins out - it's parcelled up now to go on its way to the next person, who will quilt it and send it on the final recipient.
And I got lots of fun things today - three things in the post - the first are these little white quilties from the white quiltie swap which Lenna organised. My quilties are from Fiona, Susanne, Dawn and Val. Aren't they wonderful?
And these two birthday blocks came as well - on the left, one from Joy and on the right one from Patty. Patty's is a 9 inch block (I think) which is great - now I have several which aren't 12". Soon, I'll get all the ones I have received to date out and photograph them together - should be fun.

And finally, fabric! My friend Lana, who is moving to India for a couple of years later this summer is having a little stash clear-out before she goes - being a good friend, she gave me first dibs -

I got these three pieces to use for backings on small things; the coordinating pieces on the right will go to make a baby quilt of some sort, with a few plainer fabrics thrown in; and the fabric below was just because. When you are getting a bargain, you don't need a reason, right?



9 comments:

artisbliss said...

Good thing you had a clear out recently so now you have room for all your new stuff.

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, you've been busy! I love your Booty swap sneak peak -- the colors are dynamite and the quilting looks really fun.

Penny said...

I have been reading but not commenting things have been pretty hectic since we got home. the trip was wonderful, we go fishing in a week so not a lot of time for anything.
You seem to have been your usual busy self.

sewkalico said...

I can't believe you bought florals LOL. Love all the bits you've shown. Can't wait to see more of the Booty swap. The whites are ge-orgeous!...

Joyce said...

A bargain is a bargain and you definitely don't need a reason. Very nice fabrics.

black bear cabin said...

wow...looks like you scored in the free fabric department :)
cant wait to see all your bday block squares photographed together...looks like you are getting some super squares!
have a fabulous day!
lisajo

hippopip said...

Hi Kate Heres my email address please can you email me your address for the swap and I will return mine ,thanks Pippa

Anonymous said...

I usually stick with BRIGHT colors but your white blocks make me want to try out white fabric. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done to my block. When I sent it to Louisa she said it reminded her of chocolate, know with all the colours on it it reminds me of sweets,