Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Stuff and things



Lots of lovely treasures again in the post today - the first being a big envelope from my mother, who has been rooting through junk boxes at yard sales and stuff on my behalf - gotta love mothers, doncha? - anyway, she also sent some fat quarters - bought on sale somewhere, and some bits and pieces for the kids, but the real treasure of the lot was all these great bits and pieces of broken jewellery and so on. The pink necklace in the photo, I had originally thought to take apart for artwork, but actually, on closer examination, it's not really broken, just missing a little loop to hold the clasp, and now, having replaced the loop, I think I might keep it to wear.

I also received another round of the Spring Fling Round Robin - this is the one that I am due to quilt. Suggestions welcome - no idea what I'll be doing with it yet, other than the fact that it's going to be machine quilted.



Thought I'd also mention that another round of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap is now open - Summer. Do pop over and check it out!



And finally, some actual work - these two little Dear Jane blocks were done this morning while waiting for my friend to come pick me up for our day at Wisley Gardens (lots of photos of pretty flowers over here, if you like that sort of thing) and the photo on the right shows the binding on the Log Cabin Star quilt, which is now done and the quilt is on my bed, with a sleeping DH under it...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh that Spring Fling is busy - there's not going to be much scope for letting the quilting do any talking - good luck with that one! But no doubt you'll do it justice - I've put the final stitches in my binding tonight, na nana na na!

sewkalico said...

Your Log cabin looks fab! Lovely loot from your Mom, she did really well on those FQ's I'm impressed.
At first I thought that round robin was an African block, but on closer inspection I saw it wasn't :-( (but it is nice)

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

love the colors on the round robin. no suggestions, but I'm waiting to see what you come up with. I'm hunting down quilting books. Ready to do my ALQS; v. tempted to do handquilting, but realize I shouldnt do something new when I want it done as correct as possible. good luck!

Mom said...

what about some copper or turquoise metallic threads on the RR - in waving lines??...

artisbliss said...

Ha! I remember people wearing those "immoral minority" buttons in college. They were, too, as I recall.

I love the turquoise and brown in the Spring Fling. It is a busy piece, I agree. You'll have to show it when you're done.

McIrish Annie said...

I would follow the swirly lines for quilting and maybe do a little design in the center square.