Friday, May 23, 2008

Early Blogging




It's an early post today, as we are leaving around 7pm to go to the airport to fly to Ireland - I won't be out of contact while I'm gone, and will probably still blog every day (though perhaps more on the family blog over here and less on the quilt blog) and answer emails, but we'll spend some time going out and about, so I might not be online quite as much as I would be at home.

Anyway, I didn't get any sewing done today, being at school in the morning and I'm spending this afternoon sorting out that list of stuff you have to do before going away, but here's the promised group 9-patch quilt in progress. I might make some more nine-patches for this while in Ireland, if Cathi lets me raid her scrapbasket. Also, we are making a kind of postage stamp border - a double row of 1" squares, which we are putting together in fours to start, so I might do some of those as well. More on this quilt as it grows.



And here's what came in the post - a selection of goodies I bought from joggles - some collage sheets, some German scrap and silk leaves, and a lot of charms - and also, another birthday block, this one from Debbie, along with a large piece of fabric with potted orchids on it. Very tropical feeling (Debbie's in Florida, so I guess she's used to tropical!)

If you have sent me something I haven't yet received, don't worry, I'm sure it will be here safe when we get back and I will blog it then. Our post goes through the door anyway, so there's no chance of something being taken while we are away...

And as I said, I'm sure there will be quilty blogging while we are away - for one thing, Cathi and I are going to work on some blocks for a project together, I'm teaching her to make fabric postcards and in return she's going to try to teach me to knit (good luck!) and of course, we will visit her favourite quilt shop & yarn shop, so there may even be a few goodies to show.

9 comments:

~Niki~ said...

I have a new blog to list your quilt blog, if you are interested, I'd love to have you join us! http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/
hugs!
niki

artisbliss said...

I hope you all have a wonderful time in Ireland visiting Cathi and family. I look forward to hearing about your trip from both you and her.

I LOVE Joggles.

sewkalico said...

Have a great trip. Get Cathi to change her settings from 'no-reply' LOL
Lovely 9-patch quilt!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that nine patch is going to be a great quilt. Have a good time in Ireland.

AmyB said...

Loving that pretty quilt! Enjoy your visit, and remember that if *I* can knit, anyone--including you--can :)

Clare said...

I be tyou are having a great time with Cathi and the girls. Look forward to reading all about it on both blogs.

Keep Word Twisting!

Ruth's Place said...

Have a great time with Cathi! The nine patch looks great.
Be careful with the knitting, it's addictive you know.

Anonymous said...

I like the nine-patch. Sometimes its the simpler patterns that appeal the best.

Helen in the UK said...

Have a great trip!!
The 9 patches look wonderful so far :)