Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Yes, another finished quilt

Amazing, I know. This one is also a wedding present, for someone who has already got married (without really telling anyone in advance) - but Geoff is going to see him in person, soon, so it seemed a good time to give a quilt. The blocks in this one are from a win in the Block Lotto some time back. 

Monday, June 26, 2017

A little fabric in

...but only a little. These two charm packs are all that I bought at the quilt show yesterday - just done so little sewing lately I wasn't that inspired by fabric. These packs were both from New Threads, my friend Meg's shop (which reminds me, there was an excellent fabric with a Venetian scene which I did want to pick up as well), and I spent quite a while - in the quiet moments - catching up with her. A definite plus of the show!

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Quilt Show

The National Quilt Championships at Sandown (unfortunately, less impressive than it sounds, these days) is just down the road from me, so I always try to go, even if only for a few hours (which is usually enough). This year, I even got around to enterring a quilt - if no one does, there won't be any to see, right?  It used to be a bigger, more impressive show, but between a move from Ascot a number of years back and the advent of the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham in the summer, these days, there's a lot less to see. A shame, really, especially as it's literally a 15 minute drive for me...

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Cotton Robin, Sneak Peak

One of the very few things I've actually been sewing in the past few months is my share of the various pieces of Julie's Cotton Robin. This was the last round - the quilting round. These two tiny snips really don't show much, but do offer proof that my sewing machine is good for more than just piling mending on top of!

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Oriental Lantern Quilt - finished

OMG, I know. Actual sewing type work. Crazy, isn't it! Not sure what's worse at the moment - the lack of time for sewing or the lack of time for blogging about anything. Close run thing.  This will be a wedding present for a wedding Geoff and Sarah are going to in early July - I can't go, as I am still in school until mid July, and it's in Germany, so it's a bit far away to drive up for the weekend. Oh well!

These blocks were from a swap many years ago and have been made into a top for quite a while as well, though it's taken me ages to get around to doing anything more with them. I have so little time for making quilts these days that I am actually beginning to make a dent in my stash of quilt tops. This is probably a good thing.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Binding on

Made some binding today for the next wedding quilt. Stitched it on. Of course, I have to stitch it down by hand now, but luckily I have a quilt group meeting this week as well as the usual evening time watching television in which to do this...

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Oh my gosh, it looks like actual quilting!

Of course, in this case, it's not work that I've done, but a quilt which has come back from the longarmer.  Looking good, though.  And soon I will have to make a binding and stitch it down.

So you might see actual sewing from me, as well. Crazy, I know!

Friday, May 19, 2017

ATC Friday

Another couple of sets of ATCs - these are ones where I was the final person to add something.  If it seems like all I'm doing at the moment is making a few ATCs and not sewing, well, there's a reason for that.  Maybe next month!

Friday, May 12, 2017

ATC Friday

These are my favourite round robins to show - the ones where I was the second player. Not because they are any nicer than the others, but because I can show all three stages of development - what they started like (i.e. before I worked on them) - after I worked on them - and the finished product.

Friday, May 05, 2017

ATC Friday

More ATCs on which I was the first person to work on the card. This top one came out particularly well, I think.

This one is quite 3D, so the scan is a bit blurry, but it's a fun card.

Friday, April 28, 2017

ATC Friday

A few more sets of ATCs - these are all ones where I provided the starter and then two other people worked on them. And finally, I received the finished cards back.

It's always interesting to see what direction these go in, as starters are often quite neutral.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Wedding present

Here's another thing I've been working on - finishing off the binding on this quilt - the quilt itself has been around for a while, but I finished it off as a wedding present for my nephew & his wife, who got married today in her home town in The Netherlands. (He's from Australia; they will live in Australia at least for the time being.) Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the wedding, but Geoff is there, hopefully having my share of the good times as well as his own...

Friday, April 21, 2017

ATC Friday

These are the last three of the batch of cards I made with pre-made backgrounds. I must try to find some more background only swaps to take part in, so I have another stash of pre-made backgrounds!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wait, what? Cross stitch?

Yep - only a little, but I finally (finally, after months) actually felt like doing some. I went ahead and just grabbed the nearest thing, before I lost the momentum - it was a small winter piece. Who knows, might even become a regular thing again!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Another sneaky peek

Here's something related to The Cotton Robin, the round robin in which I am taking part. Not going to say or show any more than that; you will have to wonder!  I am doing a bit of sewing, but there's a lot going on that can't be shown fully...

Friday, April 14, 2017

ATC Friday

Another couple of cards made with backgrounds produced by someone else. This one hasn't scanned well because it's quite 3D. 

This one has quite a plain background, though it's a lot more textured in person than in the scan.