quilt and bind Miniature Booty swap quilt (deadline 23/5)- done, and in the post, and I did take photos, though I can't show them until the quilt reaches Toni (I had the swap organiser as my partner, which is why I haven't been able to show progress - she'd know for sure it was for her, and who wants to ruin the surprise!) work on cards for "Q" is for... swap (deadline 15/5)- I had originally thought I might combine this with the monoprinting challenge on Textile Challenges, but a test didn't work, so I used hand-dyed fabric and am very happy with how the cards came out - the fabric suits them, I think - done and posted 200th member celebration postcard for Arts in the Mail (deadline 7/5)- done, with lots of glue! 3rd round, Spring Fling Round Robin quilt (deadline 9/5)- done, posted and today received by Anne, who will have to quilt and bind the piece journal quilt for the week (deadline 10/5)- in the end I used the monoprinting for this one, which is great. I do like being able to combine goals and challenges where possible.
- April blocks (6") for dyehard nesting round robin/surfacing quilt 2008 (primary triad using circles and curves) - this is the one I haven't done. And I really need to do the May blocks as well. But if I work on it while uninspired, I won't like the results, so I'd rather wait. It's a project I'll keep, so missing the deadlines only affects me
complex cloth round robins- both done and in the post to Wil, who will hopefully have time to work on them before her trip to the US
This week looks to be very busy - haircut, class trip with reception class, possibly an outing to a garden, etc with a friend - so I'm not going to set TOO many goals. One or two, still, though - can't have nothing!
- journal quilt for the week (deadline 17/5)
- April blocks (6") for dyehard nesting round robin/surfacing quilt 2008 (primary triad using circles and curves)
- May blocks for same (secondary triad with crazy piecing)
- Dear Jane block for swap with Cathi
- May birthday block for Peggy (deadline 30/5)
All those blocks except the birthday one are 6" blocks, so not too much work, I hope.