Saturday, May 10, 2008

Goals (but not many)

This past week, I set myself a lot of goals, as I had a lot of free time, and I managed to accomplish most of them - one undone, which frankly, I had time for, but lacked inspiration. As there was no real deadline for that project, I decided I'd rather wait until I was more inspired. Anyway, here's the round up:
  • quilt and bind Miniature Booty swap quilt (deadline 23/5) - done, and in the post, and I did take photos, though I can't show them until the quilt reaches Toni (I had the swap organiser as my partner, which is why I haven't been able to show progress - she'd know for sure it was for her, and who wants to ruin the surprise!)
  • work on cards for "Q" is for... swap (deadline 15/5) - I had originally thought I might combine this with the monoprinting challenge on Textile Challenges, but a test didn't work, so I used hand-dyed fabric and am very happy with how the cards came out - the fabric suits them, I think - done and posted
  • 200th member celebration postcard for Arts in the Mail (deadline 7/5) - done, with lots of glue!
  • 3rd round, Spring Fling Round Robin quilt (deadline 9/5) - done, posted and today received by Anne, who will have to quilt and bind the piece
  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 10/5) - in the end I used the monoprinting for this one, which is great. I do like being able to combine goals and challenges where possible.
  • April blocks (6") for dyehard nesting round robin/surfacing quilt 2008 (primary triad using circles and curves) - this is the one I haven't done. And I really need to do the May blocks as well. But if I work on it while uninspired, I won't like the results, so I'd rather wait. It's a project I'll keep, so missing the deadlines only affects me
  • complex cloth round robins - both done and in the post to Wil, who will hopefully have time to work on them before her trip to the US

This week looks to be very busy - haircut, class trip with reception class, possibly an outing to a garden, etc with a friend - so I'm not going to set TOO many goals. One or two, still, though - can't have nothing!

  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 17/5)
  • April blocks (6") for dyehard nesting round robin/surfacing quilt 2008 (primary triad using circles and curves)
  • May blocks for same (secondary triad with crazy piecing)
  • Dear Jane block for swap with Cathi
  • May birthday block for Peggy (deadline 30/5)

All those blocks except the birthday one are 6" blocks, so not too much work, I hope.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Impressive! I didn't set goals yesterday because I am having to do "real work" most of the weekend and I will be in meetings 8:30 am - 9:00 pm 4 days next week. There will be no fiber in my diet for a few days! LOL! It's all good though, next week is a very worthwhile and rewarding work week for me each year. I'll get my fiber fix through you!

Toni said...

WOW! You are doing awsome on your goals list! I need to start doing one, but I sometimes feel overwhelmed with lists.

I'll keep ya posted on it's arrival...I'm soo excited!!