Saturday, May 03, 2008

Goals, goals, goals

Well, I didn't do too badly this week, although there is one thing I didn't do - I didn't quilt the Beach challenge quilt - I am really not inspired to work on this at the moment, so I think I am going to put it aside for a while and wait until it speaks to me again. I'm sure it will before long. Otherwise, I did fine:


  • finish two birthday blocks (deadline 30/4) (finished & posted out)
  • work on quilting "Beach" challenge quilt (deadline 1/5)
  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 3/5) (done this morning)
  • do some work on the Miniature Booty Swap quilt (deadline 23/5) (the top for this is now assembled, it only wants quilting and binding)
  • make 6 ATCs for the Angel, Diva & Fairy ATC swap on Creative Swaps Blog (deadline 24/5 (I actually made two sets of cards for this swap - and have had very positive feedback, both from the swap hostess, and from Carol, the designer of the images we are featuring in this swap - which was really lovely)

Next week, I don't have too many things planned which will eat into my time - Monday is a bank holiday, but it looks set to rain, so I might just hang around the house and sew anyway. Here are some goals, then:

  • quilt and bind Miniature Booty swap quilt (deadline 23/5)
  • work on cards for "Q" is for... swap (deadline 15/5) - I have an idea for this, after much dithering, and hope to combine it with a monthly challenge for my Textile Challenges group, which is on monoprinting
  • 200th member celebration postcard for Arts in the Mail (deadline 7/5)
  • 3rd round, Spring Fling Round Robin quilt (deadline 9/5)
  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 10/5)
  • April blocks (6") for dyehard nesting round robin/surfacing quilt 2008 (primary triad using circles and curves)
  • complex cloth round robins

It looks like a lot, but there are some fairly small things in there, and some things which can be combined, so it's not really as bad as it looks. I hope!

No comments: