Friday, May 09, 2008

Log Cabin Star



So, here's the quilt I took to the longarmer the other day - yes, I know it was only a few days ago, but that's the advantage to living down the road from your longarmer - when she's ready to do your quilt she rings and says bring it over... Needless to say, the quilt is more square than it appears hanging on the washing line, which I hadn't propper up with a pole, being basically a lazy person - but trust me, it's square (72") and once I bind it I will take a better photo. What do you think - purple or green to bind, or should I do multicolour?

A closeup of the quilting pattern as well, which I really like. This one is going to get bound very soon, as I want to put it on my bed for the summer!

Nothing else to show today as I got nothing at all of interest in the post (AA renewal documents, junk mail, catalogue) and spent a lot of the day at school brainstorming for the summer fair - the hour or two I had at home, I just didn't feel like working on anything. Perhaps tomorrow... The only problem with nice weather is you hate to be indoors, even doing something you enjoy.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Purple would frame the lighter sections really well.

AmyB said...

That is a beauty of a quilt!

Judi said...

Kate, That is a beautiful quilt and she did such a good job quilting it for you. I like the purple for the binging also.

Sequana said...

I didn't see the star, and then I squinted. *S*

That's really beautiful. I love log cabins.

Vicky said...

I think purple would be great but you see the quilt in person and I think you usually make great decisions. Beautiful quilt!!

Betty Donahue said...

I like purple.
Betty

Hedgehog said...

Lovely quilt - and quilting! I vote for purple, too!

Sarah Nopp said...

Love the log cabin! I am doing up the blocks for an off centered log cabin now. Now sure how I will set it but I like that one you did.
I am lucky that I live near shops that rent use of mid-arms and long-arms.

Anonymous said...

It is a lovely quilt. I would use dark cream for the binding. Eileen

Unknown said...

I'd go completely out on a limb here Kate and suggest the beige for the binding :o)

sophie said...

Love the quilting design on your log cabin quilt. I'm with Anne, my first incliniation was to suggest a beige--maybe a purple and green print with a lot of beige background?

Papoosue said...

ooh, lovely! I'd go for purple, I think. xx

Andrea said...

What a beauty - I love log cabins. I would go for a purple binding I think. Have you ever done binding where you add a bit of piping ? No I haven't either but I think this would look great with a green piping with purple binding. Not sure how easy it is to do - now I've gotten another idea - lol !

Shelina said...

It is beautiful! I love the color combination, and the log cabin and the quilting. I think green would look better, although I see that I am going against the crowd here. I think it will tie the design and finish up the diamond together better.

sewkalico said...

If you use either green or purple it will almost change the design by sort of sectioning it off (I think) so I'd go for something more neutral myself.
It's lovely: I do love log cabins!

ps I guess you are really going to miss your longarmer!

Helen in the UK said...

Great quilt and wonderful quilting. I think I'd use purple for the binding. STUNNING :)

jovaliquilts said...

Lovely quilt! And the quilting really is awesome -- how lucky to have a quilter like that just down the road. Binding can change the look of a quilt and so I always hesitate to choose without auditioning, but I'm going with multicolor or purple based on what I'd try first. Have fun choosing!

Vicki W said...

I love log cabin quilts and this one is jsut beautiful! I think either purple or green, if dark, will work for the binding.

Anne Ida said...

This is wonderful! I love the colours you have chosen, and it quilted up beautifully! I'd love to see a dark purple binding on this one :o)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's stunning. I love the colour combination...very pretty. She's done a great job quilting it and I can see why you'd want to get it done and on your bed to be enjoyed.

Ruth's Place said...

It's fabulous! The quilt top, and the quilting.