Saturday, May 17, 2008

Madwoman quilter...


Yep, that's me. As you all know, I have loads and loads of free time and virtually no committments (ha!) so what did I do? Offered to help Margaret out by making a replacement quilt for someone in the Spring Four Seasons Swap. Admittedly, I offered because I knew I had this lovely basket block (actually, I have 13 - which means one to spare) which would make a really nice spring mini quilt (the basket block is 15" square - the quilt with setting triangles is about 22" I think). I turned the block on point, put a narrow border on and added some of this great hollyhock fabric. I've started quilting it - inside out, I know, starting from the border - the border has a meander with casual flowers thrown in, the background squares have this sort of basket weave in the background. I intend to do simple cross-hatching in the basket and something else in the flower parts (I have something in mind but it's too hard to describe in words). Then a border and off to its new home. I think it's sweet and will do very nicely.



I got a few things in the post today too - an ATC from Annie and an S postcard from Mary - I haven't even thought about "R" yet, let alone "S" - but apparently, she skipped R to do "S" as she wanted to do strawberries before everyone else did, so I feel better about that now!

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love the basketweave quilting that you are doing in the background. That will be a very sweet quilt.

Sequana said...

Interestingly enough, I received your ATC today too. As usual, you did a grat job on it. Thx so much.*S*

Anonymous said...

The quilting is just gorgeous, and very kind of you to make a replacement for someone!

Mom said...

It's lovely; I'm sure she'll know about it before it arrives!

sophie said...

Apropos of nothing, if you have 13 blocks that go on-point, and arrange them 3 x 3, then fill in the 2 x 2 spaces you use them all (see, there was a method in my madness ;-)

I think your the quilting on the little quilt is be spectactular!!

Unknown said...

Lovely replacement quilt - I think it will do very nicely indeed :o)

jovaliquilts said...

Really love the quilting in your white border around the basket!

Anonymous said...

It's fabulous, and I love the quilting you are doing.