Thursday, May 29, 2008

Knit-o-rama



Well, the knitting is come along apace - at left, the teddy bear scarf, which is now finished. It looks ok, a little odd in places, particularly where I was practicing increasing and decreasing, but Olivia loves it, and I'm sure it will suit the teddy bear.

I have started a new knitting project - this is a scarf for me, using the yarn from the oddball bin, using large needles (7mm, I think) to create a more lacy effect - for one thing, I like that sort of look, but also, I only have one skein of yarn in that colour, so that will help stretch it. It's a straight knit, nothing fancy, and goes VERY quickly - must be the big needles...

Another addict born? Probably.

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Looking good! I just took up knitting again to have a carry-along project. What I am most afraid of is getting a yarn stash in addition to my fabric stash!

artisbliss said...

Good for you, learning something new. Knitting is a very relaxing, soothing activity, I think. Hope the bear likes his scarf.

Chocolate Cat said...

I think your knitting is coming along a lot faster than mine!!