Sunday, May 18, 2008

Goals (a day late)

For once in my life I actually went out on a Saturday night, and also had quite a day - sinus headache from hayfever for most of the day (how can it be a chilly dismal day which looks like rain constantly and still inflict us all with hayfever?), so I didn't really think about goals and stuff. So, here they are today... Last week's goals:
  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 17/5) (did this today - technically a day late, but at least it's done)
  • April blocks (6") for dyehard nesting round robin/surfacing quilt 2008 (primary triad using circles and curves) - OK, I didn't actually do these, but I took a decision that I didn't really want to carry on with this set of challenges, so i have withdrawn my name from both challenges - so I have ticked this off the list because it's something I no longer have to accomplish
  • May blocks for same (secondary triad with crazy piecing) - ditto
  • Dear Jane block for swap with Cathi - yep, did that
  • May birthday block for Peggy (deadline 30/5) - didn't do this yet - will do it next week

I also accomplished a couple (!) of things not on my list, so I don't feel too bad about the birthday block - here's what I got done NOT on my list:

  • made a handbag for myself
  • made another bag to test the June pattern for the BQL bag challenge
  • made (nearly finished - only the binding to go) a replacement mini quilt for the Four Seasons Quilt Swap
  • made the May arch and the May colour challenge postcard for Textile Challenges
  • did the next step of the mystery quilt

So, for this week, what's up? Well, we are going to Ireland on Friday night, so I don't want to put too much on the list - and next week, while we are in Ireland itself, the list will be even shorter (though I will be able to blog it, as I will not be (thank goodness) without internet access - in fact, I'll be visiting another quilting blogger, Cathi. But I think I can manage to accomplish one or two things:

  • birthday block for Peggy for the birthday block swap (deadline 31/5)
  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 24/5)
  • little tiny mini for Lucy Locket's private swap
  • get stuff ready for next African blocks (to take with me to Ireland) (deadline 23/5)

And that's all for this week - which is not to say I won't do other stuff, but I'm not making any committments... After all, I need to allow time for me to make crazy offers like a replacement mini quilt!

No comments: