Thursday, May 08, 2008

Thursday things



Some nice things in the post today - first, an African block from Karol-Ann - a liberated star, or whatever it may officially be called. Also, a beaded pen. And from Ati, a red & gold postcard for the colour challenge on Textile Challenges - my colours (two random colours drawn for each participant) were purple and plum - not going to be a high contrast card, I feel... Anyway, Ati is ahead of me - I haven't made mine yet...

...but I did make these today - these are my "Q is for" postcards - and in this case, Q is for both quote, which this is, and "quietude" which is the subject of the quote and whichi s a word I've been fond of since first encountering it in the mentioned novel. Which was a long time ago, back when I had lots of spare time for reading.




I also finished off the binding and label for the Miniature Booty Swap Quilt, which I am not going to show you until it reaches its new home in the US - hopefully that won't take too long!

4 comments:

artisbliss said...

Those are wonderful postcards, Kate.

Angelines Artero said...

Your work is beautiful. I've got problems with your translator, please see you . Kisses from Spain

atet said...

Lovely post cards :0). It's been too long since I commented so I'm not even going to try and catch up on everything I missed -- I'll just say you amaze me as always!

Anonymous said...

I'm very behind with my blog reading, but just wanted to say I love Karol Ann's star!