Monday, May 26, 2008

Treats from Galway



Well, I decided I had to fix the journal quilt - the couching was bothering me in its lack of symmetry so I ripped it off and redid it following the lines of the pattern a bit more. I've also added some beads - still not edged or backed, but I will probably do that tomorrow.



And while we were off on our travels today (up to Galway and environs) we found a little quilt shop - well, we knew more or less where it was, and went in search of it - ironically, we discovered that we had walked right past a quilt exhibition in Galway itself, but by the time we knew about it, it was too late in the day to go see it. Still, we had fun buying some fabric (the FQs on the right) - I bought some black and white prints and some brights for the June block lotto - I may make some blocks for it this week, though as it's still during the sneak peek, I won't be showing them just yet, even if I do. I also bought a few FQs that I just really liked and some funky retro prints that were buy 3 get one free.

On the left is some oddball yarn (quite fitting, you might think) that I found in a yarn shop in Galway - the pink is a silk & cotton mix, which is great, as I am allergic to wool and the other is one I plan to use for embellishment mostly, rather than knitting. And I got some fun notecards in a great tin, which reminds me of Jane Brocket in style. The notecards feature four different designs of cakes. Yum. Tomorrow we are heading into Limerick City Centre to hit some charity shops and the proper yarn shop there, so I imagine there will be purchases to show tomorrow, as well...

6 comments:

rlbates said...

Very nice, Kate!

Sherry said...

Hi is that fussy cutting on your journal block? I'm interest, yet scared to get into that...

Ruth's Place said...

The journal quilt looks even better today! Hee hee, you're buying yarn lol

Unknown said...

Oh those notecards make me so hungry for fairy cakes... and its twenty to eleven at night and far to late to make some :(

artisbliss said...

Glad to see your travels aren't getting in the way of your quilting (or shopping). I will let you know how I like working with the grungeboard. So far it is very interesting--what it feels like, anyway. Nothing like chipboard.

black bear cabin said...

Look at all that yummie fabric...what fun!