Sunday, May 04, 2008

A purchase, a finish, a winner




I didn't do any work today as we went out to a local May fair - one we've been to several times before, although I don't think it was as good this year as it used to be - a lot of the so-called craft stalls weren't really crafts at all, which I find kind of annoying - and the food is very overpriced. Still, it was fairly fun - being tired out with a cold doesn't help my mood, I know, but the kids had a good time, especially with the circus skills area which is always set up. More over on the family blog about our day. Anyway, one of the things I did find which I really liked was a booth from an African women's organisation of some sort - among other things, they had some lovely fabrics at the back of the booth and I found this gorgeous piece in blue and brown - four yards of it - it's a bit of a loose weave for quilting fabric, but I think it will make an excellent back for something, with possibly enough left for a cushion or two, as well.





And this is a (mostly) finished quilt - I sewed down the binding the other night, except for a few feet in one corner which I will finish shortly. Which will leave me with nothing left to sew by hand - I'll have to come up with a new project (it's ok, I have something in mind!) for in front of the telly.


And finally, the winner of the bag of scrappy bits from last week is no 4 - Doreen Kincade. Doreen, send me your address and I'll get them in the post to you. Congratulations!

1 comment:

artisbliss said...

Love the blue and brown fabric. That's one of my favorite color combinations.

Anything at all you want to send me would be terrific, Kate. I'm sending out a variety of things, whatever strikes my fancy at the time, so there aren't hard and fast rules about this swap.