Sunday, June 01, 2008

All kinds of everything



Well, I'll start with some of what I did today - mostly what I did was to do some of the testing work on the July bag pattern for the bag challenge, so I can't really show that, but here's (on left) a little sneak peek for you - more to come, come July. I also finished cutting out these (100) diamonds for a commissioned quilt for my friend Caroline's sister. I need a design wall now, so I can work out how I want to put them together - there are 60 mostly blue/turquoise ones, 20 orange and 20 purple (and Toni, if you are reading this, you can't have them!).

I can't show you the July bag, but I can show you the June bag, which I did in May (of course) - and the June lotto blocks, which I did last week at Cathi's house - here they are:



I still have to hand stitch the little handles down, but the baskets are sweet, aren't they! and speaking of the block lotto, I won some of the May blocks - the purple and green Buckeye Beauties. I won 56 x 6" blocks - not sure what I am going to do with them yet, but I'm really pleased - I was hankering after those. You'll be seeing lots of them as they arrive in the post in the next few weeks...



And speaking of post... I know you all have been waiting to see what I got in the post while I was away - I sure was eager to see it all. First off, this ATC arrived, beautifully wrapped, from Carole - I won it on her blog recently. Isn't it great? And yes, there's one of those faces I love - but she's used it so differently than I have used mine - hmm...



And here are two more ATCs which I received - the one on the left from Joanie in MD, along with a moo-sized inchie - you can't tell but the ATC has a transparency over the top and lots of little microbeads inside - it shakes! And on the right, a ATC I swapped with Annica - along with a tag with great fibres attached. My ATC for Annica will go in the post tomorrow.





I also got these blocks for the birthday swap from Linda - three different sizes, which is great - I am accumulating different sizes so I can have more fun putting them together.


And finally... though blogger doesn't want to let me post a picture of either item - a postcard from Priscilla for the 200 things challenge from Arts in the Mail, and two magazines (my last issue of QA, though i will still be able to read it, thanks to my personal lending library rota...)

Also, while I will be posting my goals shortly (late from yesterday) I have decided to move combine my giveaway posts so that the winner is announced in the same post as the new giveaway - makes my life a little simpler, I think. Not sure how much longer the giveaways will last as I am making my way through the pile fairly readily, but I think there are still a few weeks' worth of things lurking about.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I am always amazed at the amount that you get done!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate-

I know you're not in charge of the Summer quilt swap bt I was wondering if I could email you a pic of the top I made and get some advice on how to jazz it up.

Thanks-Brandy

sewkalico said...

Love your June bag!! Glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

The June bag is gorgeous!