Friday, June 20, 2008

Typical Friday



By which I mean, non-stop. School stuff in the morning, a bit of sewing time (though not much), then back to school to run uniform shop and set up disco, then stayed to help at two discos (infants & juniors). By the time we got home, it was well after 7. The downside of all that, is I was very tired. The upside is, I had pizza for dinner...

Anyway, this great card was in the post, from Sharon in Canada - it's for the Here comes the sun swap, and I love it.



Here's the work I did today - a journal quilt which I don't really like - I was experimenting with sheers and angelina - like the petals I did on the summer quilt, only I wanted to try them with some angelina inside. I didn't really like what I came up with, so I took the paint to it before adding a little more angelina - that I liked better, but it's still not great. But at least I know. Also did a few ATCs - I've had the bases around for a while, so I thought I should embellish them. But I'm still not thrilled - I think I must have had an uninspiring day or something...



And here's something fun to show - a while back, Barbara won some blocks in my giveaway, and here they are - set and quilted - it's going to be a charity quilt. Isn't it lovely?

3 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I know just what you mean about the school run around! I had a rather quiet day until I picked up the kids and then it was go go go.

Love the work Barbara has done on that quilt...very pretty.

Joyce said...

I'm so glad my school days are over. Teaching in May and June over here is exhausting. I really like Sharon's sun card.

Helen in the UK said...

What a nice job Barbara has done on that quilt. Now I'm feeling a little guilty about the HSTs I won in another of your give-aways ... must dig them out and formulate a plan :)