Sunday, June 29, 2008

Monkey house!


Several of you have warned me of the dangers of sock monkey proliferation - and believe me, I know what you mean - already, Olivia is planning her "next monkey" and Sarah is talking about what the sock monkey that she is going to make is going to look like. I don't plan to have loads and loads of monkeys in the house, but then again, you know what they say about plans...

I did also get some of my own work done today before helping Olivia with the monkey (I did a lot of the seams, she did the stuffing and the mouth) - I pinned together the tree challenge quilt to get it ready for quilting. I didn't take a photo of it, though, as it looks a lot like what it looked like before, only with a lot of pins in it. I'll show it once I've done a little work.

10 comments:

AmyB said...

Aw, he's such a cute little sock monkey... how could you turn away his friends when they come to visit? Soon, you'll have a whole barrel of them to play with each other!

Judi said...

Cute sock monkey. I bet the girls have a ball with it. VBG

Joyce said...

I got a sock monkey book from the library and the youngest grandson is wanting one of them. I don't have any socks as cute as the one you made. Mine will be stained white I'm afraid.

Gina said...

What a cutie.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Unknown said...

He looks cold to me. I don't think that scarf is covering all his brass bits. He needs -oh let me think.. a quilt to sit under?!

Anonymous said...

That monkey is sooo much cuter than the ones I remember as a child. (Back in the dark ages.) Of course, socks are much more interesting these days.

A sock monkey like that would look really sweet sitting in the little swing that hangs over my deck.

Grandma Kathy

Gail said...

very cute and colorful-what fun to do with your girls.

atet said...

The sock monkey is adorable -- it's giving me ideas. Stop that. I have enough of my own thank you very much!

Papoosue said...

Oh, I LOVE that sock monkey! xx

Anonymous said...

Now you've done it! I just finished two traditional monkeys, but I can see that they will need a "colorful" companion to play with!
That is so darn cute! I'll have to find some really fun socks now.