Friday, June 27, 2008

Fairies in the garden



Amazingly, I did actually get some work done today - it felt like I might not, between spending the morning at school and having to take Olivia to a last-minute dentist appointment (she has a dead tooth which is causing an abcess on her gum) - she should be fine now with antibiotics, probably (there's a chance they may have to take the tooth out - it's a baby tooth - but the antibiotics may circumvent that)) and then having to be back at school to run the uniform shop. But I managed an hour and a half or so, and in that time, did an arch for my arch swap - this one is for Carol R - and started on a journal quilt for the week.

Both the journal quilt (which is farther along than this photo shows) and the arch started with a fairy printed onto a piece of turquoise hand-dyed fabric. I then added some sheer fabric over top, some green mesh, and lots of fibres couched down to make a sort of tree. I'm about halfway through that process on the journal quilt. Once I had enough fibres, I added some paper vines and flowers I picked up recently, then finished the edges and then added lots and lots of embellishments - flowers, buttons, sequins, charms, and so on. The journal quilt will be a bit different from the arch, because some of the things I used in the arch, I don't have any more of - like the metal flowers and the lace flower. But that's ok - I have lots of other embellishment stuff...

I'm very pleased with how the arch came out - I hope Carol likes it, too!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

The arch is just fantastic - I love all of the details!

Brandy said...

Your arch is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! You sre sooo craft!

blackbearcabin said...

okay...i LOVE this piece!!!
the colors, the composition, the theme.....wonderful!

Shelina said...

I'm sure she will love it - it is gorgeous!