Friday, June 06, 2008

Hawaiian, revisited





When I drew up my goals this week, I wasn't really thinking about the dates - today is (was? not sure of the grammar of that) my dad's birthday - so I decided to work on quilting the second Hawaiian shirt quilt despite it not being on the list - seemed fitting, somehow. And amazingly, I had just enough time to finish the quilting - here it is (well, some of it) laid out across the dining room table. I will get the binding on in the next few days and then get it in the post. Why is it that you always run out of bobbin thread when you have only 10 minutes of free time left and about 8 inches square left to quilt?





And two other things to show today - another set of Buckeye Beauty blocks arrived in the post, and I have finished the Spring Fling Round Robin, which shall go off in the post tomorrow to whomever it's due to go to (not saying, of course, just in case she's reading!)

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Working on the Hawaiian shirt quilt was a great was to remember your Dad on his birthday! I love these quilts!

black bear cabin said...

Those Hawaiian quilts are really looking great...and i love your quilting!
As far as the bobbins are concerned...i will go the last 8 inches thinking im on a roll before i even notice the damn thread ran out! :) hehehehe
no wonder it was going so smoothly!
have a great weekend!
lisajo

Ruth's Place said...

The Hawaiian shirt quilt looks wonderful and was a lovely way to remember your dad.

The Spring Fling is stunning.

sewkalico said...

I always remember my Dad's birthday, but I've never done anything as special as what you've done.
As for bobbins! Huh, I always tend to sew quite a bit before I've noticed which is so dang annoying if you've been pulling pins out as you sew!!!

Shelina said...

I run out of bobbin thread at the most inappropriate moment too - and I usually keep sewing anyway as well. Takes me a while to realize I am out. The round robin quilt is beautiful - I am sure the recipient will really enjoy it.
I received the ATC. It's beautiful. Thank you so much for sending it!