Monday, June 16, 2008

Tops today


Today... Well, I took these fabrics out of the bags and ironed them set today - they were done with paints on wet fabric - they turned out fairly well, I think, but I'm not sure it's a technique I'll bother with again.

And the other thing I did today was to assemble a number of sets of blocks - I finished the little mystery quilt from yesterday, put together these jewel-toned stars from an old swap and put together 9 Christmassy blocks into a little table topper. It looks impressive, but the blocks were already made, so the hard work was done, really.



And I put together some of these double-four patches, as well - though I notice that one of them will probably have to go, as the contrast isn't great enough (though it's better than in the picture).

I also received some nice things in the post - these birthday blocks from Kathi, and two postcards, both from Kim - R is for Red and S is for Star. And that was today!



3 comments:

sewkalico said...

I like those pale dyed fabrics - they are great 'lights'.

Vicki W said...

Wow, I am constantly amazed at what you get done!I like your painted fabrics. I agree with Karol-Ann, they will be great lights.

Judi said...

Your painted fabric looks great. I love your friendship star quilt. You sure have been busy today.