Friday, February 01, 2008

Bags & lotto blocks - revealed!



So, a while back I teased you with a non-descriptive photo of my February bag for the BQL Bag challenge - as a moderator on the list, I get to test the bags out early, but of course, I can't show them until the actual month. And now that it's the actual month, I can at last show this lovely bag, hoorah! So, here it is. The lining fabric is an art nouveau print I've had for a while, but have never been sure what to do with; the outside fabric came from one of the quilt shops I visited in San Diego. I really like this bag, though it's not my normal style. Not sure what I will do with it, but I sure had fun making it.

The BQL Bag Challenge has its own blog (what doesn't, these days) - come check it out!





And another reveal - these are the three sample blocks I made for the February block lotto on the quilting forum on about.com. This block lotto also has a blog you can visit.

As I probably won't get much work done today with one thing and another (though all the kids are back in school - hoorah!) it's nice to have something I can show...

8 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Beautiful sewing as always Kate! Love the bag. Lucy x

artisbliss said...

The bag is great--love the lining fabric. How was the show?

Unknown said...

yep I pulled off the instructions this morning - and of course Feb's a short month so I'd better get cracking. It's not my usual type of thing either so I shall have to think long and hard about what fabric to use so I love it so much that I do use it - Kandy is very good at stretching us outside our comfort zone

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that bag, Kate! Thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

Love the bag!

Anonymous said...

the heart blocks are cute, they look like they would be fun to make!

Unknown said...

I love the bags...They are one of my fave things to make when I get tired of atc's, postcards or quilts....haha....did you see my new one on my blog..Always love your creations Kate! Melinda

Angela said...

Your feb bag looks great. i've been away this weekend so only just got to download the pattern today, can't wait to get started on mine!