Monday, February 18, 2008

Binding, scraps and so on





Well, we all seem to have survived the first day of the half-term holiday. I managed to get up reasonably early, while the kids were still messing around (or asleep in some cases) and decided to add some binding on to things - a couple of placemats and the piece below, which is a little art quilt (another thing in the pile to finish) - I haven't sewn the binding down yet, but you can't have everything... The convergence quilt above was made for me by Vicky, as part of a swap/challenge a while back - I've been meaning to put a hanging sleeve on it for ages - it's not as though I have anywhere to hang it (actually, I'm thinking I might put it in Alex's room, as his walls are orange), so today I finally made one and pinned it on - again, not sewn down yet, but soon.






And a postcard on the right - N for Nest, from Norma - great fabric, isn't it. Too bad the photograph doesn't do it justice.



I actually got a little more time to sew this afternoon, as the kids were all a bit exhausted due to their horrible mummy making them WALK to town to do the errands. The main part of mummy's devious plan was not, in fact, to tire them out so I'd get more sewing time, but to be out of the house long enough for the cleaner to finish...


So anyway, what I did this afternoon was to work on this a bit more - hasn't seen the light of day in a while, I admit, but I'm trying to get through all my basksets of works in progress (not counting completed tops, which is slightly different). Ideally, I'd like to only have 2 or 3 project baskets at once (not counting the private swaps I'm doing where you have to wait for the other person to finish before you send the next block) instead of the number I have now (not admitting the number - in fact, don't know it, as I'd have to count, and am too lazy to go upstairs, but it's more than 3).


This is about half of the scrappy quilt - I'm not sure whether I will do four more rows or only two - I guess I will add two and see what it looks like, and then decide.

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

You sure do get a lot done during a day! I love the scrappy quilt.

Myra said...

You sure had a busy day Kate. I really like the little art quilt - I love those faces. :o)

rlbates said...

Love the scrap quilt, Kate! I often use a 5 square by 7 square, so you might try one more row and see if it's big enough for the use you have in mind.

Anonymous said...

As always I'm astounded by how much you get done! Love the scrap quilt, and the black and orange one.

atet said...

Lovely, lovely projects as usual Kate! That convergance is fun -- and it would really pop against an orange wall.

artisbliss said...

You manage to get an extraordinary amount of stitching done in one day, I must say. My goodness!

sewkalico said...

Your scrapbuster is looking fab! I would love to see it in person one day. Finish it up and then we can do another!!! That was a great swap.