Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine ornaments...



A while back I took part in the Valentine Ornament swap on Lenna Andrews' Creative Swaps website - today I got my ornaments back - the one above is my favourite, because it's such a cute idea to have little birdhouse and I love the dangles - but the other two (above is front and back view of a single ornament) are lovely as well, just a little more traditional.



And this little packet of vintage images and goodies was included too - not sure if this is from Lenna, or a freebie from the person who runs the vintage image supply, but either way, what a lovely treat.


Also in the post today, this card, which is "N is for Nest" from Priscilla.




A couple of quilting related things today, as well - on the left is the pieced back for the shoe windows quilt - tomorrow I might get it pinned together (though it won't get quilted right away, what with one thing and another). And on the right, I've started quilting the batik baby quilt - I am using my favourite motif of flamey lines, this time with some hearts thrown in. Don't be too impressed, as the area I have managed to quilt so far is hardly bigger than the area shown in the photo!

And finally, I decided to do a few more blocks for the block lotto for February - did a couple of dark red blocks. I might do a few more before the end of the month, when I need something simple without too much time or thought involved...

1 comment:

artisbliss said...

I'm a sucker for batiks. The baby quilt is gorgeous.