Thursday, February 28, 2008

Winter Quilt - mine all mine


A quick mid-day blog because I thought this deserved its own post anyway, and I'll have other stuff to say, later. Arrived in the post today (in a van, separate from the other post) was this lovely box (above left) - which upon being opened, yielded all these goodies - tea, chocolates, more tea, some Burt's Bees goodies, and...

best of all, my winter quilt from the Four Season's Quilt Swap. I knew it was going to be late, so while I was eager to see it, I haven't been panicking. And isn't it lovely? It was made for me by the lovely Hedgehog, in Finland (not an actual hedgehog, of course!) , whose blog I've been reading for a long time, so I kind of feel I know her already, which is fun.

Here's a closeup of the quilting - which is simple, but works really nicely, especially at the block joins. And also, the back, which has a great label, but also, some lovely fabric with cardinals on it - I'm fond of cardinals, and miss them as we don't have them here. So that was an added bonus. What a nice treat in the post - and now, back to work!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

What a fab quilt-it would brighten anybody's winter! I've so enjoyed reading about all the Winter Swap quilts. There's so much talent out there.

artisbliss said...

You get the best things in the post of anyone I know about! I'll bet the postman knows your name by heart. Wonderful quilt and goodies.

Vicki W said...

That is a nice treat and the cardinal fabric is a bonus! I was jsut watching the cardinals at our feeder a few minutes ago. I never tire of watching them!

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely! LOVE the cardinal fabric too.

Locket Pocket said...

Your winter swap quilt is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I really like the quilting - as you say the treatment of the block joins - simple but very effective - worth the wait

Hedgehog said...

So glad that it finally arrived! So sorry for the delay, but I hope that you enjoy the little quilt, as well as the Finnish chocolates and tea!