Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Cyber Fyber...



Had an interesting day today - a nice long list of things that I intended to work on - and I got a good start on it - but got a call from school around midday to come and collect Alex - he wasn't unwell really, but he had an odd, hard lump along the side of his jaw, which was a bit painful - we've since worked out that it's an inflamed lymph node connected to a throat infection. He now has antibiotics for the infection, so the swelling should go away in a few days. Poor thing, on his birthday, as well. But he can go to school, he's not contagious - though as I have to give him the antibiotics 4x a day, I'll be making an extra trip to school every day for a week to administer it. Oh well, at least he doesn't have to stay home, as he'd be bored out of his mind after about a day. If that long!


Before I got the call, though, I managed to do the two postcards above - one is to swap in Susan Lenz's Cyber Fyber project (I will receive postcard no 87, if you are interested), the other will be for a different swap. They have the same sort of background as the arch I did yesterday - skeleton leaves free machined down onto the base, then various embellishments added. And I used the same edge technique, as I really liked it.


I also did some work on two cards for the February challenge on Arts in the Mail, which was to make a postcard using just a single plain fabric and a single thread. I still have to back and edge these, but you get the idea. More trees! And on the right, a selection of goodies for a scavenger hunt swap I am doing. Luckily, that's what I was in the middle of, when school called.




Also got these two lovelies in the post - Be Mine from Barb E; Little Houses from Dawn, who has used garment tags to build her houses with. Fun!


5 comments:

Sequana said...

My ATC #109 from Cyber Fyber got here today. It's so much more beautiful than just the pic of it.

You're gonna love yours too, I just know.

So we'll be hanging together next year....*S*

Vicki W said...

I really like what you are doing with the tree cards! That's a nice challenge.

Anonymous said...

Hope Alex feels better soon!

artisbliss said...

I'm so glad you're in on the cyber fyber thing. I got my postcard on Monday and mine should be getting to Susan soon.

Hope Alex is well soon. My oldest son is experiencing something similar which seems to be an infected salivary gland up by his ear. Weird.

Julie said...

Lots of lovely eye candy! I love your Postcard for Cyberfyber. The card made with clothing labels is a very novel idea.
Poor Alex. I hope his swollen gland soon goes down. I presume you have to go into school because teachers can't administer medicines? Health & safety gone mad would you say?