Friday, February 22, 2008

Journal Quilt Week 14 & a visitor



Today we spent the whole day doing almost nothing. I am coming down with a cold, so I didn't even feel like doing much sewing. But I had promised Alex we could make him a pencil roll, so we had to do that - he worked the pedal until about halfway through when he got bored. But he's very happy with it, which is what matters.

So then, I decided I should really do my journal quilt for the week (what with it being over tomorrow and all) but I really didn't feel like doing much, so I decided this was the opportunity to use something I "prepared earlier" - rummaged through my stash of bits and found these little squares, already sewn together and only slightly larger than I needed for the JQ. These struck me as being perfect as my week was largely made up of sewing together squares anyway... As I received my new (to me) book in the post this week, I decided to take a stab at mock-Tavishing them (which is what to call an attempt at McTavishing when you've only read the book a little and are just making it up as you go along).



But here's the real excitement in my life today - ta da - an actual fellow blogger, here in my house! Apparently, according to Ruth, this doesn't count as meeting a fellow blogger because Cathi and I knew each other before (in fact, we knew each other before blogs - before the internet - heck, practically before personal computers). As she only just got here after being on a plane and then trekking around London looking at exhibitions, I decided it would be unkind to ask her to turn around and smile (and anyway, she was busy checking email and bloglines, so who am I to interfere?). Anyway, instead, I have treated you all to one of my favourite photos from college - me and Cathi out sailing on the St Mary's River. Again, you can't really see Cathi's face, but I do love the photo. (And yes, I really did have loads of curly hair - it was permed, though, not natural, hence the lack of curls now.)

We have a fun weekend planned - a trip to a quilt shop, lots of charity shops and maybe even a little sewing. Progress to be duly reported over the course of the weekend!

6 comments:

Sharon - IN said...

Kate,
I found you through Lenna's swap blog. I've been reading your blog for a while now and thought I'd stop this time to say hi. Beautiful work!
Sharon
http://schutt.net/sharon/

Helen said...

Hi Kate and Cathi,
Enjoy your weekend. I hope Cathi gets the energy she needs to get her through the hard times.
Isn't it nice to have old and dear friends.
By the way the pencil holder looks terrific. Really handy.
Helen

Anonymous said...

I hope you too have a great weekend!

Kate, that looks like a whole lot done from where I'm sitting...

Anonymous said...

That should be two, and I call myself and English teacher... I blame it on sleep deficiency...

Cathi said...

Hi! I am commenting from your computer, lol! Can't believe my hair is the same length again as college days! Looking forward to our shopping spree later this morning woo hoo!!

artisbliss said...

Sounds like you have a full and fun weekend planned. I hope your cold doesn't dampen your enthusiasm. I'm suffering from something similar right now myself, so I feel for you!