A lovely productive day today with the kids back to school, this despite a nagging headache for most of the day... First thing I did was finish the last box I needed for the swap with my surface embellishment group - those can go in the post tomorrow. (I had to put them under a heavy book today in order to get them flat enough to get in an envelope - the hazard of keeping them folded up is they do not want to lie flat!)
I also made a label for my snowflake quilt for the Four Season's quilt swap - and I even remembered to take a photo of it with something obscuring the name of who it's for. The label is actually slightly darker than the photo, but you get the general idea.
I also made a couple of things I had hanging over me - some blocks for a group quilt - three pieced leaves - I still have to do one appliqued leaf, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. And two Dear Jane blocks for my swap with Cathi - the middle is a tiny bit wonky, but on the whole, I'm quite pleased with them, especially as they are free pieced (not paper pieced) and the centre square is only 1 and an eighth inches - including the seam allowance.
And the other thing I worked on - indeed, what took most of the time - was testing a bag pattern for the bag challenge on BQL - the February bag. As the bag is not public yet (what with it not being February and all) I'll only offer this little sneaky peak here - and will try to remember to share the whole thing with you when it actually gets to be February...