Saturday, January 12, 2008

And now for something completely different...



I've been working on a lot of little things in the past few days, so today I decided to piece together some blocks I won from the block lotto on the quilting forum at about.com. I won them a few months ago, but didn't get them until my mother came over in December. I decided today (having encountered this problem at Christmas) that I could really do with a tablecloth for my dining room table and thought that it would make sense to make one. So I decided to use the blocks in a long, row layout, using 28 of the 8 inch blocks (I had 30), with some other batiks from my stash as borders, including a striped batik I've had for a while and not been inspired to use in other projects. Notice the nicely mitred corner!

Anyway, it obviously still has to be quilted, but I'm very happy with the layout at least.

I did also edge and back the little house postcards from yesterday, but as they look essentially the same, only with a little zigzag on the edges, I won't bother with another picture.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like you had fun today Kate! The colours are lovely.

Joyce said...

The table cloth will be totally beautifu.

Anonymous said...

Lovely tablecloth and I love the arch piece, very nice!

AmyB said...

What a great idea for those beautiful blocks! I love the organization of the colors.

Myra said...

What a pretty tablecloth! Will you cover it with some vinyl or something to protect it or use it as is?

rlbates said...

Very pretty!

Purple Missus said...

A beautiful array of colours - should definitely cheer the place up on a dull day.

Anonymous said...

Looks great, I love the colours!

Quilting Pirate said...

what a great table cloth! Bright and fun! I need to make a few more myself!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really nice Kate and it's going to be a great conversational piece when people sit down to eat.