Thursday, January 24, 2008

Be Mine...





So here's what I've been working on - started these a few days ago - they are for the something starting with N swap - "Night". I'm quite happy with these cards, which is good as I seem to have signed up for two groups instead of one, so I need to do four more of them. Luckily, I did them early for once so I have plenty of time to get some more done before they are supposed to be in the post on the 15th of Feb.



And working my way through my to-do list, I am up to the end of January - these cards, which are for a Valentine's Swap - the theme was open, as long as it included the words "be mine", which, as you can see, they do.






They aren't quite finished yet - I need to back and edge them, but otherwise, nearly done. Five of them are for the swap, the sixth is going off to a suprise home (I won't mention where, as, well, it's a suprise...)





And it was one of those postcardy days in other ways, too - a postbag full of pc's - a Be Mine of my very own, from Leah and a yummy Muffin (for M) from Kim. And another M - or two, more precisely - Moon over Mountains, from Beth. Unfortunately you can't see the texture of the background fabric very well on this one - it's lovely - it looks a little nubbly in the photo, actually, but it's even better in real life.




And even more goodies in the post:



The latest issue of QA. I like QA ,but I'm thinking about not renewing as I have far too many magazines and not really enough time to read it thoroughly. We'll see what decision I make... I also got this - Dijanne Cevaal's book 72 ways not to stipple or meander. I thought as I'd be doing more quilting on my machine, I ought to get some more ideas for quilting patterns. I ordered this back before Christmas and it never came - I thought it was just delayed in the holiday post, but it did apparently go walkies. Dijanne kindly sent another copy, which zipped its way around the globe in a mere week. Oh well, perhaps some day the other will arrive, too, and make a nice giftie for someone.

7 comments:

Sequana said...

As much as I love the eye candy and good techniques in QArts, I too have let my scription lapse after two years.

They are stacked on my dresser, and I look at them once in awhile after the first read, but not enough for the price.

I'd say that Fibre 'n' Stitch is more for me at this point.

Myra said...

Lovely cards Kate. That quilting book is very interesting. I get tired of meandering all the time. Looks like it would be a great tool.

black bear cabin said...

no time for magazines...i cant imagine why! :)

atet said...

Lovely cards. I like the N for night ones -- but then, I am also a night owl!

artisbliss said...

Hey, Kate, I found your blog through elizabethcreates and I'm here to say I love your stuff! I'm a fairly new blogger, since about Sept. 07 and a fiber artist for awhile now. Glad to stumble onto you and will try to keep up with you from now on, though judging by your output and creativity (and the fact that I've recently joined the ranks of the fully employed) it may be difficult.

Julie said...

I like the variety in your "Be mine" cards and the night cards are great too. So much reading, so little time! lol!

Lynda said...

Love the 'Be Mine' cards - can't imagine what you're going to do with the one you're keeping!