Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Brown & Purple dragonfly top



With today being a Monday I didn't get a lot done (I have a yoga class Monday mornings, so don't tend to even get home until noonish), but I did finish backing and edging the Be Mine postcards, and they've gone out in the post. I also made a few nine patches for a group quilt my Thursday group is making. They are 3 inch (finished) blocks. And that was about it, although I did collect this quilt from my longarmer:



I can't tell you how long this quilt has been at the longarmer's - it was a top I gave her back when she first got her machine, to put in her practice stack, but somehow she never needed it. Finally, we decided to just quilt it -I think I might have made the top about 6 or 7 years ago. I made it in purple and brown because of the fabric which is in the border - a purple and brown paisley which my friend Cathi gave me a long time ago. And we quilted it with dragonflies as there are dragonflies in the fabric in one of the borders. Guess I'll have to add that to the binding stack!




And today's post - a metallic card from Jan in AZ (you can't see the metallic fabrics very well, but trust me - it's metallic) and some lovely Japanese fabrics from The Antique Angel - this is my new fabric club for 2008 - I changed from the Fat Quarter Frenzy to this one - it's 16 sixteenths - I decided I'm using a lot of small pieces these days, so it made sense to go smaller...

8 comments:

black bear cabin said...

wow...the dragonfly quilting looks really cool! i love it! so how many does that make in your binding pile now? :)
hehehe
cheers~
lisajo

Anonymous said...

Where to start! The dragonfly quilt and quilting are wonderful. Love the metalic postcard and have serious envy over your new fabric club...

Angela said...

lol, you do make me luagh Kate I love the way you say oh I haven't done a lot and then produce a whole bunch of finished things :) Love the dragonfly pattern on the quilt, and those new fabrics of yours look gorgeous.

atet said...

That dragonfly top is lovely -- and if I had a week of not getting much done like you had -- um, I'd be done with a few things actually. Is it spring yet?

artisbliss said...

You are amazingly productive, Kate. I love the colors in the dragonfly quilt, and being able to quilt it with dragonfly shapes--how cool is that? Happy binding!

artisbliss said...

BTW, if you enlarge the photo of the metallic card you can definitely see that it is metallic.

Anonymous said...

I love the dragonfly quilt as well, it turned out well.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I like the purple quilt and I like the quilting she's done! Does it make it one of your oldest UFO's if she's had it for 6 or 7 years? It couldn't be helped! :o)