Sunday, January 06, 2008

Shirt quilts, cardinal winner



Worked again today on the blocks made from my dad's shirts - I did about 10 of the style on the left, though I have spared you photos of all of them. There are now 24 of these, so I can put them together into a top at some point - maybe tomorrow.

And then I decided to do some log cabin blocks from the shirts as well - using the red one as the centre, and a solid blue on one side. I won't use the shirts with the really large patters in these log cabin blocks, as I don't think they will work too well, but the smaller prints should work ok - here are two finished blocks (they are 15") and I have several others started, and bits cut for more. I think I will work on them again tomorrow, before reverting later in the week to some smaller things I have due this month, like postcards, etc. I love log cabin blocks and have been debating doing some with these shirts - I hope they'll work out ok!

And the lucky winner of the little cardinal block is... Penny in Australia! Congratulations Penny. I will email you to let you know as well. New giveaway tomorrow - not sure what yet, but I have a stack of stuff...

6 comments:

sewkalico said...

So nice to have a chance to catch up with your blog. Love your Dad's blocks and can't wait to see the quilt tops. Thanks for my win the other week, I can't wait to get my grubby paws on them LOL
Happy 2008 - hope there's lots of sewing to be done :O)
xka

Anonymous said...

Oh, the log cabin blocks work really well!

Julie said...

The log cabin blocks look very effective. Sarah's Sudoku blocks are coming on well.

Judi said...

you are so lucky to have some of your dad's shirts to make these quilts. I especially like the logcabin block. Judi

Penny said...

Oh wow Kate is that me? I wait with bated breath for your e mail, and if its not me, I will take a breath and get on with life!

McIrish Annie said...

what a nice way to remember your dad.