Thursday, December 06, 2007

Treasure trove



Well, I didn't get anything sewn today as I went to the airport to collect my mother, but I did get a lots of stuff in the post, and from my mom (post to her house in the US) and so on. First on the list was these - batik stars on cream backgrounds, from winning the block lotto for October on the quilting forum on about. There are 30 blocks, woo hoo. Aren't they pretty? My mom brought these with her from her house, as I thought they might as well be sent there, being mailed quite soon before she was due to com ehere.



In the post was this little angel ornament from Norma, which I was delighted to see, partly because I like ornaments and partly because I know Norma had an incomplete address for me, including no postcard, so I wanted to be sure it got here safely - and it did. And credit to the postal service, not much longer than it would have taken anyway. She also sent this lovely selection of bits. You guys no doubt know how much I like bits!



Also in the post were these lovely cards - the two on the left from Dawn in Turkey - I'm not sure why she sent both of them, but I love them both, so I'm really pleased she did. And the card on the right, which is a terrible photo, sorry, is from Barbara - lovely sparkly Christmas trees. Hoorah. I do really like Christmas, once it gets close enough to the actual date for it to seem a sensible thing. Which it now is :)



And finally, also from the depths of my mother's suitcase, these lovely fabrics - on the left, it's actually some stuff I ordered from eQuilter when they had some Lonni Rossi fabrics on sale - the pink and blue are just other fabrics from the sale section. I had it sent to her because they've really upped their shipping costs to the UK; I may not be ordering from them so much in future, except no doubt a good sized order before mom comes to visit! And on the right, two leftover bits of cotton which she had made cushions from and brought the leftovers to me. Aren't mothers cool?






7 comments:

Julie said...

Mum's are well cool! Mine is turning out her button box and shopping for yarn for me :) Some beautiful material there Kate

sophie said...

I'm glad the batik star blocks arrived at their new home. Can't wait to see what you make from them.

Joyce said...

Stars, fabric and your Mum. What could be better. Probably not in order or importance. Lol.

black bear cabin said...

Those batik stars are sure pretty. I really love your advent calendar...i check in every day just to see what goes on there next :) and of course to see what you've accomplished in a day...if i miss a few days, i have a lot of reading to do :) hehehe the amount of work you produce in a day is awe-inspiring! Go Kate Go! :)
p.s. have fun visiting with your mom

Sequana said...

I have just lately discovered Lonni Rossi. Next year will surely bring more of her fabrics to me.

Lovely things you have to show today, but the best will be the visit with your mom. *S*

McIrish Annie said...

I know I haven't been by lately! I am on the naughty list anyway! I love your snowflake blocks and Mixed Media PCs. It's a wonderful Life is one of my favorite christmas movies!! As always, you are inspiring.

atet said...

Oooh -- what fun goodies. Love those fabrics from equilter! All that AND you get to see your Mom? Bonus!