Saturday, December 01, 2007

Catching up with "birthdays"



Finally got a chance to sit down and do the two birthday blocks owing from November - the one on the left is for Faye, who asked for 30s prints with WOW background. I think the photo is a little dull, and the actual colours a bit brighter, but that's what you get for photographing indoors in the winter. On the right, one with a nautical theme for Nell - she asked for the use of teal as a focus colour or background and also said she likes tonals, marbles and batiks, so I've used some batiks, several with fish. The central one is actually from one of my dad's shirts, but it was perfect, really. And goodness knows there's tons of shirt fabric... Now I have to do the December blocks, but at least I have a few weeks to get them done!




Got these two lovelies in the post, as well - the one on the left is a Christmas ATC from Sequana - my first ATC ever (I have so far resisted trading ATCs as I really don't need another thing to collect - but I thought I'd make an exception for Christmas). And the postcard on the right is for the strips and stripes exchange, from Michelle. I also received a block for the orange swap, but noticed when I photographed it that one of the pieces is in backwards, so I'm going to fix it before I show it. Funny thing was, I didn't notice until I was looking at the photo that it was backwards...

4 comments:

Sequana said...

I was reading on down, and the ATCs were at the bottom of the screen before I saw the text. *S*

It took me a minute to even recognize it......

I'm glad it got there safely.

Helen in the UK said...

Love the ATC - so cute! I have found that ATCs are more addictive than postcards, so be warned :)

Joyce said...

your two blocks are so beautiful. I especially like the one on the left.

antique quilter said...

i really like the ATC...the tree one is so creative, just may have to try it.
Have been resisting making these but not sure I can keep resisting !
Love the idea of making it into a holiday postcard.
Kathie