Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Journal Quilt Project - Week 6 - and little boxes



So today, here's what I did - first, I made two boxes - I sort of felt obliged to do that today, as it was Boxing Day and all - then I decided to take all the leftover off cuts from the boxes and sew them together to form the base of a journal quilt for this week. Added some MetaMica paint, some decorative stitching and a bunch of bits and pieces in purple and silver, and hey presto. I think next week I may be moving on to another colour, though - I've had enough purple for a few weeks...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

These boxes are so lovely I think I may have to try my hand at making some

Julie said...

Ditto moi aussi! I like your journal quilt too. I think a penny has just dropped for me about these journal pages. Thanks for switching the light on!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use up the scraps. I love your journal top and the little boxesturned out good. Judi

Vicki W said...

The journal quilt is really nice! I have a pile of left over bits from all of my boxes and have been thinking of what I could do with them. This is a good idea!

Terri Stegmiller said...

I love these little boxes. The first time I made one I didn't enlarge the pattern and it turned out very small.

Mary Emma Allen said...

Wonderful idea and lovely boxes.

Anonymous said...

Boxes look great!

Debbi Baker said...

Just catching up on your blog Kate - everything is gorgeous as always but I especially love your journal quilt - just yummy! Wishing you a wonderful 2008!