Monday, December 03, 2007

Advent Day 3: Mitten



A mitten! Hoorah. I love the idea of mittens and what they evoke - unfortunately, I don't get on with wearing them. This is partly because I am always needing my fingers for something, and partly because the best mittens are wool, which I can't wear, as I am allergic. As I can't knit anyway, lack of being able to wear mittens doesn't bother me as much as it might...



But you probably aren't allergic to wool, and I know a lot of you CAN knit, so you might like to knit mittens, or knit them and then felt them, or make some for your kids which look like the ones in the story The Mitten... Or, if you are really adventurous, you might like these funky things!

5 comments:

sophie said...

I'm loving your advent quilt. Did you design it?

Ruth's Place said...

Cool block! Thanks for the mitten links too.

atet said...

You know -- you can knit gloves (even fingerless ones too) -- and there are OTHER fibres other than wool to knit with (I am determined to get you to try knitting again aren't I?)

Myra said...

Just wanted to let you know I am enjoying your daily advent. :o) I don't do mittens either but gloves.....I do like warm hands.

Suzanne Earley said...

Your advent quilt is adorable!