Monday, December 10, 2007

(Just another) Manic Monday



Actually, it wasn't THAT manic. I had yoga in the morning and met a friend for lunch, but between those two things my mother & I managed an hour browsing in some shops and running errands (I was going to go to the PO, but the queue was so huge, I decided to go to my little PO later instead, which I did - and all the Christmas postcards are now posted! Hoorah!). This even included a little time for a browse in the haberdashery & craft department of my local department store - and the above bits decided to come home to live with me. The letters, little circles and felt shooting stars are just for general use, but the other two things, which are two different sizes of heart-shaped brads, have a specific purpose in mind - I have joined one of Lenna's swaps - for Valentine's ornaments - and I intend to use them in some fashion for those ornaments. Haven't decided how yet, but they will be nice additions to whatever I decide to do, I'm sure. (OK, I admit, technically I have signed up for two of her swaps - the other is for white 6x6 pages, and will be due in April, so I'm not really thinking about it yet).

I also got this card in the post - it's a belated birthday card from Carina. Yippee for birthday cards, belated or otherwise.

I did actually do a little sewing today - I made half a block for my birthday block swap. I'll show you a photo when the other half is finished...

3 comments:

Joyce said...

your odds and ends look very interesting. I too do Yoga but at home with tapes. I try to do it every day but missed today. Maybe before I go to bed...

creativelenna said...

think your heart shaped brads will be a wonderful addition to your valentine ornaments. It's fun for me to hear that you are designing (or thinking of) already. happy holidays! : ) lenna

corina said...

Thank you for posting the photo of my PC! I realized I did not have one, I was such in a hurry to send my birthday cards I forgot to make photos!