Saturday, December 15, 2007

Be the blog

Be The Blog award

Recently, Ramona nominated me for one of those blog awards you see floating about - this was a new one to me (and actually, is a fairly new one in general, created by Mark at Me and my Drum in November) but I liked the idea behind it, which is that a successful blogger is one who "makes [their blog] their own, stay[s] with it, [is]interactive with their readers, and just plain [has] fun." I think that's a great idea of what makes a successful blog and I am pleased that Ramona thinks my blog does that, so finally I'm getting my act together to mention it.

I read a lot of blogs (though I've been trying to thin them down lately - or rather, thin my bloglines - I still tend to follow links on comments or go off blog-hopping quite often) and I couldn't even begin to start nominating people for this award, but if you see a blog regularly listed on my sidebar (which changes now and again, really!) it's a good bet that I enjoy reading it.

4 comments:

antique quilter said...

congratulations on the award, you deserve it
I enjoy reading your blog.
Kathie

Joyce said...

Congratulations on the award. I haven't seen this one around either but it makes sense.

carrie said...

Congratulations, Kate; well deserved. Yours is one of the most interesting,informative and interactive blogs around. At the top of my list (which as you may remember is rather long LOL)

Caroline

Julie said...

Congratulations on the award Kate! I see you are a Pink Smoothie! Blueberry Tart sounds interesting! LOL You must have noticed that I like your blog, it fulfils all of these criteria and the award is indeed well deserved.