Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lots of things




So, lots of stuff to show today - firstly, I worked on the August arch (just in the nick of time!) - went with a jellyfish theme as my partner said she liked oceans and fish and so forth - and also did myself a journal quilt with the same theme (the colour is a bit off on the journal quilt).


Also decided to do a make-up journal quilt for the week I missed out - what I did was simply print out a composite of photos from this summer onto fabric and quilt some words around the edges - Summer 2008, tennis, picnics, museums, days out, sleepovers, gardens, farms, friends, parties, bikes, cinemas, zoo, castles, shopping, fun. Makes me feel better to have that week covered, and although a lot of those events weren't from that actual week, it's representative of our summer!


And then I did a few ATCs - I knew that cutting up those bases and having them handy would be a good idea. I had about half an hour or so and so I just grabbed a few and added some embellishments.




And then, despite thinking I was finished doing stuff for today, I actually managed to get a bit more done, while supervising Alex's bath (i.e. keeping an ear on him to make sure he didn't a)drown or b)cause a bathroom tsunami) - I started quilting this wee quilt for the 2nd blogversary giveaway! Hoorah.


3 comments:

black bear cabin said...

Those ATC cards are really pretty...love the colors! Its amazing what you can accomplish in half an hour....i usually spend that time thinking about what i want to do :) hehehehe
perhaps thats why i dont get much done :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah Ann

Just found your blog- Love the idea of a summer journal quilt-must try this too.

Have just started a quilting community website at www.MyQuiltPatch.com. Please pay us a visit sometime.

Best wishes
Sarah Jane

Julie said...

Your Journal quilt is a lovely reminder of a summer well spent.