Friday, August 08, 2008

A little something



I did do some work today - quilted the two halves of the September bag (which I can't show) and then worked for a while on the August birthday block, for Anne. I did most of it, then decided I really didn't like the way it was coming together and that I would redraft the pattern slightly larger and for paper-piecing. Also, I'm not sure about the central print - I love it, but it has quite a bit of white in it, and Anne asked for tonals (I only though of this after I pieced it - as one does) soIi might redo it with a different blue. Sometimes I think I overthink things - but I do want to do it properly. And I can use the rejected block for my journal quilt if need be.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

That center blue fabric is beautiful. Is it Japanese?