Sunday, August 10, 2008

Goals & Inspirations



Although I did do a little work today (on the September bag testing, which I can't show), most of the day was taken up with taking Geoff over to Oxford for a conference he's attending next week - it was a nice day out (pictures in my flickr album) and one of the things I saw - this manhole cover with plants growing up underneath it has given me inspiration for my Miniature Booty 2 quilt. In an abstract sort of way. Now if only I get a little time to work on it!

Ok, so that's the inspiration - now on to the goals:


  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 9/8) done.
  • quilt a bit more on the Forest Challenge - nope - but the week was even busier than expected, really.

Next week looks likely to be busy as well, but at least when I am home, I'll be able to work - the problem with the floor being done was that all the furniture had to be moved into rooms other than where they were doing the floor, including my sewing room, so sometimes, even when I was here, I couldn't do anything... At least next week there might be some time in the morning to work, before we go out and do stuff. But I'm not going to set myself a long list of goals anyway - that would be foolish...

  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 16/8)
  • quilt a little bit on the Forest Challenge (eternal optimist!)
  • finish testing September bag pattern
  • start Miniature Booty 2 quilt

Ok, that's four things, but luckily, two of them are very vague so can be interpreted liberally...

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I'm very curious to see what that manhole cover inspired!

artisbliss said...

How on earth do plants grow up underneath a manhole cover?! All I can envision is the kind I'm used to, where the manhole leads to a gaping space under the street, completely unsuitable for any kind of foliage. I'll be interested to see what you come up with.