Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Busy day




Well, we went up to town today to the Natural History Museum to meet up with Karol-Ann and her family (DH, DS1 & 2) who were down in London for a weekend. It was a lovely day - the boys had a great time and both my girls enjoyed looking after Toby, who is just he right age to look after (not quite 2) for girls of nearly 9 & nearly 11. After perusing some dinosaurs and whales and other stuff like that we went up to the Princess Diana Memorial Playground in Kensington Gardens where there is a rather large sandpit and climbing-on pirate ship. We spent quite a while there - you'll be surprised to hear that, I'm sure, what with all those small boys in tow....

Anyway, gifts were exchanged, the frog doorstop being one which came my direction, along with a lovely keychain/dangle thingy which I didn't take a photo of, and some things for the kids - a dinosaur fabric tote bag for Alex and little zippy bags for each of the girls. In the other direction, a toy dinosaur and shark found new homes, and a tie-dye shirt I had in hand. And the other thing which I gave her was this:





a little African cat mini, which you may recognise from the tease I showed the other day.

While I was out, lots of lovely goodies came to my house in the post -





These two things came from Anna - on the left is an ATC which is the first back from the challenge I issued a little while ago and on the right is a special bonus postcard she also included.


And I also got two other postcards - one from Celia for the autumn-themed swap with my dyeing group and the other, "T is for Time" from Priscilla.


10 comments:

Vicki W said...

How cool that you an Karol-Ann got to meet up! I love the little quilt that you made for her.

jovaliquilts said...

Glad to see the whole cat quilt! Really is great quilting.

I have received my ATC backs for your challenge! Still trying to figure what to do, but I think I already have an idea for one. :)

Unknown said...

Toby adds another two girls to his entourage - he'll be a real ladykiller in the years to come :o) Looks like you had a great time! Love the African cat

The Calico Cat said...

I have that cat pattern - up til now, I have been far too chicken to try to make it...

Toni said...

I wanna meet up too :) Too bad there is a big pond between us!

Sounds like a lovely time and with the kids too!!

Great gifts all around!!

artisbliss said...

The froggy doorstop reminds me of a great-great aunt who was very crafty and made those among many other things. She kept me well-supplied with rag dolls and doll blankets as a child.

I plan to finish your ATC this weekend as we have a holiday on Monday and I'll have some extra lovely crafting time. I hope.

dutchcomfort said...

Thanks to Karol-Ann I’m visiting your blog and I love what I see! Will be back for sure!!

Love the African cat!

sewkalico said...

So cool to meet you and your lovely kids. I look a bit googly-eyed (perhaps I should have kept the specs on LOL)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sounds like a super day out! I'll have to remember the Princess Diana garden for our next visit to London...sounds great.

Ruth's Place said...

Love the cat quilt you made, and how cool is that little frog!!