Saturday, August 09, 2008

Patriotic?

Here are the fruits of today's labours - a block for Anne for the birthday block swap (as I know she likes to be surprised I wouldn't normally show it, but she's away on holiday, so I'm going to risk it) - patriotic colour choice was hers, but I think it's come out nicely. She asked for Mariner's Compass or "other multipointed star blocks" - I decided to give this one a try - it's from a Judy Martin book and I do like the way the two red contrast (which they do more in real life than in the photo).

Also accomplished today is my journal quilt for the week, which is made from the rejected block from yesterday, embellished with other red and blue threads and some bits and pieces.

And last but not least, I wanted to mention that the second round of the Another Little Quilt Swap is now open - for information, you should check out the swap blog itself...

5 comments:

rlbates said...

These blocks are really nice!

Vicki W said...

The birthdya block is very pretty!

sewkalico said...

Wow! just love your journal quilt!

RedLan said...

i love more about more quilting. thanks for sharing it online!

Ruth's Place said...

Love the block for Anne, especially the centre fabric!