I didn't make this today - today I did no sewing related activities at all as I was busy sorting out my living room for a new floor tomorrow - this is the August bag for the BQL Bag Challenge, which I made in June... It's rather different from most of the others - won't be putting any shopping in this one any time soon! Anyway, maybe someday I'll go to a formal enough occasion to use it. I now have the pattern to test for the September bag, so hopefully sometime this week I'll be doing that - won't be able to show photos, of course - man, the number of things I am working on at the moment where I can't show photos - it's very frustrating!
Oh, but I've just remembered, here's something else I wanted to share: another (less literal) instance of a silk purse from a sow's ear or rather, a whole lot of little sows' ears - back ages ago in my blog giveaways, Helen won a bag full of HST units. Here's something she's made with some of them - it's for a hospital incubator - and very welcome it will be for sure. Read more about it over on Helen's blog.