Saturday, August 23, 2008

To show and not to show




...or vice versa. Here's a couple of things I can't show - a sneak peek of the October bag testing, and a sneak peek of something else which I worked on which I'm not going to tell you about until Tuesday (such a tease, I know!)



And here's something else I did - add setting triangles to a number of these basket blocks which I won from the block lotto on about.com quite a while back now. The one above is going to figure again on the blog in a few days time when I hit my 2 year blogversary.

The two below are for other purposes - the one on the left will be to keep, the one on the right will be a gift for a friend. I will probably make a few more - one for auction at the school's Christmas Fair, for instance - but fairly soon I think I will get tired of them and give a few of them away (without the setting triangles).



And finally, inspired by Angela, who is finishing all her mum's cross-stitch UFOs and Vicki, who is working on her daemon cross-stitch UFO, I decided to make a concerted effort to do some hand work (mostly cross-stitch, probably) in the evening instead of spending quite as much time on the laptop (when I used to have only a regular computer, I couldn't watch telly and read blogs at the same time - now that we also have a laptop, well...) Anyway, I shan't give it up entirely, but I am going to try not to get the laptop out before 10 - given how late I stay up, this should still give me plenty of blogging and email time...

So, here's my cross-stitch of the moment - this one hasn't been sitting around too long, but I do need to finish it off. I worked on it some tonight - filled in the middle section of the waterfall and started on the left-hand side. I am not going to show my progress daily, probably weekly or so. Assuming there is any progress!

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

You're such a tease! LOL! I'm so happy that we have drawn you into our cross stitch insanity!

rlbates said...

Lovely blocks, Kate!

carole brungar said...

Hi Kate, gosh you are just so productive, where do you find the energy??? Your work is lovely!
Carole

Angela said...

Looks like you have had a busy and productive day. Looking forward to seeing how your cross stitch grows :)

jovaliquilts said...

Love the quilting on the top right sneak peak!