Monday, April 21, 2008

Back to school at last!





OK, the alarm going off for the first time in ages is a bit of a shock, but it was certainly nice to have the kids back to school today - especially given how much they were arguing yesterday evening. Too long at home and they get very bored. Summer is slightly better, but even so...



Anyway, I took advantage of the time by first going grocery shopping (oh joy) - I usually get stuff delivered, but do go in person once a month or so, and as there was little food in the house, this seemed a good opportunity to do so. But once that was out of the way, I decided to do a bit of quilting on the Hawaiian Quilt (II) - and here it is, a little over half done. Probably I won't do any more on it this week, as I have a lot to get done, but I feel better for it not being completed neglected. If I'm lucky, I might get some work done on my dyeing swap tomorrow - that's what I'm aiming for, though I do have a full morning.



Received in the post today some lovely things - a brown postcard from Diane, and below, some goodies from Karol-Ann. Recently I won a blog draw she hosted, and as I already had most of the fabrics she was offering up, she sent me an "alternative prize", which I adore. Some fabrics, which are lovely, as usual, but what I really like is this little doll - isn't she fab? She's now hanging out on my sewing room window-sill with my cute Valentine's pup and my funky plastic bag chicken I got in Camden Market (looks like these only mine is yellow and pink).



3 comments:

Sherry said...

I wondering how the hawaiian quilt got on! What pattern/design are you quilting? I am so into trying differnt quilting paths--trying to grow out of my usual meandering...

Clare said...

I've stil got another 10 days or so and DD has got teenage friend staying for another week so can you imagine!!! Then, would you believe it, they go back on 5th May for 3 days and have a long weekend break through to the following Monday! After that no breaks until they break up 4th July.

Anonymous said...

The Hawaiian quilt looks lovely.

That little doll is very cute. I've been eyeing them off for my daughter, but she's a bit too little yet!