Friday, April 11, 2008

This and that




Ok, lots of bits and pieces to show today. We decided not to do anything particular this morning - we had thought originally to go uptown to a museum or something before our appointments at the embassy in the afternoon, but as it looks like we will be going up to the V&A on Monday, we thought we'd skip it today - so I decided to do some sewing housekeeping. Got some sewing related parcels ready for the post office, made a few labels - one for the Four Seasons Quilt (which won't go off in the post until Monday or Tuesday as I want to buy a couple of little things to put in with it - nothing big, just maybe some chocolate and/or tea, etc) and one for the first Hawaiian quilt. I finished the last 6 inches of binding on the Four Seasons Quilt (must remember to take another photo before I post it) and attached the label tonight, so it's good to go. I also sewed on the label for the Hawaiian quilt, so it's good to go as well - I'll send it out whenever I get the FSQ ready.





Then I made a block for something a friend is organising for another friend who is having a rough time - that also can go out next week - and finished up the P postcards - they are now addressed and ready to go - if you click on the photo, you should be able to see that each one has a little puzzle - I had fun with those. There's a fifth one as well - another car one - which is my prototype, which didn't make it into the photo. Whatever!





And then I spent a little time working on the quilt for the Miniature Booty Swap - I am not going to show you much of that as I don't want my recipient to know what's going on, but I will share these two little teases - both of these blocks will probably have a place in the finished product. I notice that the broken dishes block needs a bit of a fiddle to fix the bottom point... Oh, and maybe I should just mention that each of these two blocks is 2" square. (Why yes, I am possibly insane...)



And finally, two acquisitions - on the left, some "keyring notepads" I got in Muji (or more accurately, the Muji concession in Selfridge's - we got up to town earlier than we needed, so poked around a few Oxford Street shops for 40 minutes or so - Disney store for Alex, Selfridges for me & Sarah - the Muji concession was mainly for her, as she's a stationery junkie). Each of them is about 1 x2" and I'm thinking they'd make lovely little gifties (altered). They were 99p each, so I bought three to try out, but if they come out well, I'll be visiting Muji again soon to stock up for Christmas. Luckily, there's one in Kingston. Not that I mind another trip up to Oxford Street, of course....

And on the right, some fabric which came from Pauline in Australia, as a thank you - I sent her some magic paper to try out and she sent me back this fabulous fabric with Australian birds printed on it in silver. Yum.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Kate, you sound very busy!!
Love the keyring notepad--how clever. Look forward to seeing your finished version!

sewkalico said...

What lovely quilt labels! Great puzzles too - very cute. This was a pretty packed post LOL

Anonymous said...

The new quilt blocks look great.

Julie said...

Lots of lovely things in this post. I love the keyring notepad too and puzzle postcards, how cool is that?

Anonymous said...

You got alot done this week! Usually I just get a few blocks done (if I'm lucky) Those are tiny blocks, will be interesting to see it finished!

jovaliquilts said...

Love the tease on the Booty Swap! I'm in the swap and am visiting all the swapper's blogs to get acquainted. It was fun seeing Hedgehog, as I enjoy her blog.

Happy quilting!