Saturday, April 05, 2008

Goals - mostly

Not surprisingly, this week wasn't quite as successful goal -wise as the past few have been, but when you have a trackable reason for that (small child home from school but feeling very well and wanting attention constantly) it's ok - it's when you don't get anything on your list done but can't work out what you did instead of that stuff that you have to worry...

Here's what I set out to accomplish last week:

  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 5/4) (finished that up this morning, as per the previous post)
  • make-up block for Kathi, birthday block swap (done and posted off)
  • begin to quilt second Hawaiian quilt (begun - not a lot of progress made due to small person home, but at least it's a start - goodness knows when I will next work on it - it's not the kind of thing I really want to tackle with the kids home as they will be for the next two weeks)
  • pin and begin to quilt four seasons quilt swap quilt (mailing deadline 1/5) (got this pinned and ready, but not started - hopefully will get it started next week despite kids, as it's small enough to quilt in my sewing room, without taking the machine down to the dining room table, like I need to do to have space to manouevre the Hawaiian shirt quilt)
  • prepare materials for another cat block (done this morning)
  • work on set of postcards for theme: Starts with P (deadline 15/4) (not really - did try out a small part of my idea as a prototype and have pretty much planned what I am going to do, but you couldn't really call it "working on the cards")

The next two weeks' worth of goals lists will be a bit shorter and less ambitious as it's the spring holiday from school, so not only are the kids home, but we have a lot of stuff to do, both in terms of errands (dentist, school shoes, passport renewal, etc) and in terms of social stuff (friends to see, museums to visit, grandma's house to take a trip to). But here's what I hope to acheive this coming week:

  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 12/4)
  • work on "P" postcards (deadline 15/4)
  • possibly work on stamping swap for dyehard/surfacing (this could involve kids) (deadline 30/4)
  • begin to quilt Four Seasons Quilt (deadline 1/5)

And I rather think that's enough. I should have a little time to work - even though we often get going fairly early, I still get up before the kids are ready to move out (I consider sleeping to 8am "late" and 8.30am "really late", compared to my normal schedule, so I could easily have an hour in the morning without even feeling deprived of my holiday lie-in; every hour counts, right?). Wish me luck with that! No doubt there will be slightly less blogging over on this side of things and slightly more blogging over on the family blog, for those of you who follow that side of my life...

No comments: