Saturday, April 26, 2008

New goals

Another busy week, complicated by the fact that I ended up spending most of Friday driving to and attending a memorial service for an old friend who died recently - and I do mean old - she was 95, so had a pretty good innings, as they say. The service was very nice and I got to see my friend Miranda (whose mother it was who died) and her kids, who are my age, more or less, and live in Australia and the US, and who we therefore don't see often, so in all, I'm glad I was able to attend, even though it wiped out most of my Friday (hence the lack of blog post, for those like my mother, who wondered - I didn't even get anything in the post yesterday, if you can believe it!) [Oh, and apologies for that dreadful run-on sentence!]

Anyway, here are the goals I had set for the week - did fairly well, though I didn't tick everything off:

  • work on quilting the second Hawaiian shirt quilt this is about half quilted - maybe 2/3. I hope to finish before too long
  • do stamping swaps for Dyehard and Surfacing groups (deadline 30/4) - done and in the mail
  • work on April arch for Arch swap (deadline 30/4) - finished, and mailed
  • complete at least one birthday block for Birthday block swap (deadline 30/4) - nope, but I did sew another small square for one of them. I hope to finish soon. I may be a little late with this month's birthday blocks
  • work on quilting "Beach" challenge quilt (deadline 1/5) - nope, not at all, just wasn't in the mood for it
  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 26/4) - done

So, next week, I really need to put my two uncompleted goals from this week to the forefront, as they have deadlines coming up very soon - but hopefully there will be time for a few other things as well, despite losing some of Thursday to the kids being off school (polling day):

  • finish two birthday blocks (deadline 30/4)
  • work on quilting "Beach" challenge quilt (deadline 1/5)
  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 3/5)
  • do some work on the Miniature Booty Swap quilt (deadline 23/5)
  • make 6 ATCs for the Angel, Diva & Fairy ATC swap on Creative Swaps Blog (deadline 24/5)

I have to say, I haven't been very inspired by the Beach quilt lately, so I suppose it's a good thing that if I miss the deadline it only affects me - the quilt doesn't have to be posted to anyone or shown anywhere other than on the challenge quilts blog. Sometimes that's a good thing, though usually deadlines help me focus...

No comments: